Our lab studies how plants respond to changes in climate and atmospheric chemistry. Our current research falls into two major areas:
1) climate reconstructions using stable isotope measurements in modern and fossil organic matter
2) plant responses to changing carbon dioxide levels
Monthly Lab News (past 12 months)
- Brian presented the lab's work at the College of Science's Interdisciplinary Monthly Meeting here at UL Lafayette.
- New paper on late Miocene Arctic climate is now available on the Geology Pre-Issue Publication page. See our Publications page for access.
- Collin Moore presented his Master's work on reconstructing Arctic temperatures during the Pleistocene at the GSA South-Central Section Meeting in San Antonio, TX. A pdf of the abstract can be found on the "Recent Abstracts" page.
- Learn more about what we do in the lab, on the School of Geosciences Blog.
- New paper on carbon isotopes in fungi was accepted for publication in the Journal of Geophysical Research: Biogeosciences. See the publications page for more information.