Open Rank Faculty Position in Petroleum or Sedimentary Geology (Click HERE for more info)
Our lab studies how plants respond to changes in climate and atmospheric chemistry. Our current research falls into two major areas:
1) climate reconstructions using stable isotope measurements in modern and fossil organic matter
2) plant responses to changing carbon dioxide levels
Monthly Lab News (past 12 months)
- Brian was interviewed on KPEL Acadiana’s Morning News about the lab's research in Siberia.
- Recent paper on carbon isotopes in fungi was highlighted as a Research Spotlight for Eos.org.
- Press release on our recent work published in Geology on Arctic climate change can be found here.
- Brian presented the lab's work at the College of Science's Interdisciplinary Monthly Meeting here at UL Lafayette.
- New paper on late Miocene Arctic climate has been published in Geology. See our Publications page for more.
- Collin Moore presented his Master's work on reconstructing Arctic temperatures during the Pleistocene at the GSA South-Central Section Meeting in San Antonio, TX. A pdf of the abstract can be found on the "Conference Abstracts" page.
- Learn more about what we do in the lab, on the School of Geosciences Blog.
- New paper on carbon isotopes in fungi was accepted for publication in the Journal of Geophysical Research: Biogeosciences. See the publications page for more information.